Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Of Being Frumious"

My music takes the road
Though i refrain hejira.

Frankincense, this much fire
To satisfy the demon.

Dollars less & less gold:
No heyday is this of Rome.

Far, this Praha hajji
In search of chatoyant wine.

I lay me down in sand.
I lay me down in the dirt.

Tell me the millionth death
Will not be the death of Mars.

------------------------------------------
This site is about collecting old paperbacks; many pictures & links!

Richard Lederer's language links.

Another good politico-literary blog.

A lot of good art links here.

A site dedicated to triple homonyms.

I'm not done yet thinking about the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis. When i get back to it, i'm going to read this whole site.

Awhile back, Barry N Malzberg wrote a scathing history of scifi called Engines of the Night. Recently i ran across an online essay that's kind of an update on that book (which met with more denial than defensiveness in the community). But the field has been invaded by many genuine intellectuals since then, & i think the same balkanization that happened to poetry has happened here too...

A good selection of Lovecraftian poetry.

No comments: