Thursday, October 23, 2003

from Fungoids:

"32. Skin is the Only Palimpsest

Out of my proud, hard, melodious ulcer
comes a dream too bitter to be angry,
too sad to be bitter. We dreamers cured of The Answer
must solace our lostness with the Double Ulgry.

This gift, perhaps the last I have to give,
savor of myrrh, orgeat, Chartreuse and blood,
golden at dawn a gossamer caryatid
(contrail or portent), Djuna--is my love.

You said, you could have slept last night in my arms;
I wanted that, too. I wanted, beyond reprieve,
a knowledge that was also a path. We carve
passage in the dark with just such dreams:
a way where none may go, we go. Though not to leave."

"The U.S. doesn't trust Iraqis to even
act as cleaners, and so South Asian and
Filipino migrants are being used." --Tariq
Ali in Counterpunch

"I remember an early seventies story bruit'd
about by who knows who: that Rod McKuen published other poems under an other name, and those poems
were thought terrific by those critics that barely had the decency to humour along the Rod McKuen we thought we knew." --Hotel Point

Dalit Literature.

A Kyrghyz poet.

An Uzbek poet.

Linguistic Iconism links.

No comments: