Wednesday, October 07, 2009





" 'Rock" How hillbilly do you think I am? polka. Polka is so much now.'
   'You play cello in a polka band?'
   ...'Icy, huh? It's a flash sound. You've really got to hear it to believe it...'"

---Lyda Morehouse, Fallen Host (2002)


   "The Power of Early Speed"

The pale glaze an all-night drizzle
Has left upon the windows of my car
With a swipe is gone; a moment more, returns:
A wise insurgency, a tan mule dragging.

Glow in the dark of a brake pad;
Twilight seas of wind-torn Metaluna;
High-value detainee. A funnel cloud fords
The Arkikosa River, and moves on.



"Go hungry and cold like the wolf" --Hamlin Garland


   "Of a Lingered Zoning"

My internet fetch walks
Among white dwarf constellations
Its signature
Is a funnel cloud
Of axioms
My phobon ray
Tracks you in traffic gridlock
Leaves
A pale glaze of drizzle to say
There is no going past this



"Oft at the blush of dawn
I trod your level lawn,
Oft woo'd the gleam of Cynthia silver-bright
In cloister dim, far from the haunts of folly,
With Freedom by my side, and soft-ey'd Melancholy."

--Gray


   "Insomnia Means the Tail of the Dragon"

The cutout made from my shadow
Cinco de Mayo

And a luftmensch cedes

Poring over the ancient works of Gnosis
Not as if for words
But the vision behind the words
Where it corresponds

And songs of burnished falling leaves
It's the it bathed played



A bumper sticker I saw: BLIND FAITH / IN A BAD PRESIDENT / IS NOT PATRIOTISM.

No comments: