Saturday, September 09, 2023

( via / via )

Caverns.

“Life-size is too Large

To the microscopy of thinking small
(To have room enough to think at all)
I said, ‘Cramped mirror, faithful constriction,
Break, be large as I.’

Then I heard little leaves in my ears rustling
And a little wind like a leaf blowing
My mind into a corner of my mind,
Where wind over empty ground went blowing
And a large dwarf picked and picked up nothing.”

–Laura (Riding) Jackson

They call me Thinks the way I work the loom.

"There is no community in England; there is aggregation, but aggregation under circumstances which make it rather a dissociating than a uniting principle. ...It is community of purpose that constitutes society. Without that, men may be drawn into continguity, but they still continue virtually isolated. ...in cities that condition is aggravated. A density of population implies a severer struggle for existence, and a consequent repulsion of elements brought into too close contact." --Benjamin Disraeli, Sybil (1845)

Aside on the Catabolic Dispensation.

No comments: