Saturday, September 09, 2023

( via via @proximasan / via )

5-square-ordered poem in rhime.

I am steel; I am a druid.
I am an artificer; I am a scientific one.
I am a serpent; I am love; I will indulge in feasting.
I am not a confused bard drivelling…
I am a cell, I am a cleft, I am a restoration,
I am the depository of song; I am a literary man…
I am a bard of the hall, I am a chick of the chair.”

–Book of Taliessen III. in: William F Skene, The Four Ancient Books of Wales (1868)

The Star Sirius. (However, Sirius is not 10 times brighter than the sun, but 25 times brighter.)

"XII

I escape from a feint, fluf for fluf.
A projectile I know not where it will fall.
Incertitude. Tramontation. Cervical articulation.

Zap of a horsefly that dies
in mid-air and drops to earth.
What would Newton say now?
But, naturally, you’re all sons.

Incertitude. Heels that don’t spin.
The knotted page, factures
five thorns on one side
and five on the other. Ssh! Here it comes."

--Cesar Vallejo, Trilce (tr C Eshleman, 1992)

Hey There Boys.

No comments: