Monday, October 09, 2023

( via / via )

"Big Fiction argues that the constraints and incentives of the whole industry are baked into the books themselves..."

“ ‘Playful or rude. That’s the difference between good chaos and bad chaos…’ ” --Lyda Morehouse, Messiah Node (2003)

"Given Mac Donald's history of racist publications and her membership in a think tank that institutionally targets people of color, she seems a rather dubious figure of authority on the state of the humanities in American higher education."

         "LEISURE

If I should make no poems any more
   There would be rest at least, so let it be;
Time to read books in other tongues and listen
   To the long mellow thunder of the sea.

The year will turn for me, I shall delight in
   All animals, and some of my own kind,
Sharing with no one but myself the frosty
   And half ironic musings of my mind."

--Sara Teasdale

Let's not forget the "yellowface" scandal too.

No comments: